Michigan LLC Formation
Limited Liability Companies in Michigan are formed by registering the appropriate
formation documents with the Michigan Secretary of State. Your LLC legally exists
at the time that the State processes your formation documents (unless a later date
Select Your State
Select Entity Type
Steps to Forming a Michigan Limited Liability Company
A Michigan LLC is formed by drafting and filing Articles of Organization. Those
Articles must include the following information:
- Name: This must be available for use in Michigan. To determine if your name is available
for use, have ClickAndInc.com do a
business name search.
- Purpose: You must provide your business purpose, typically in one or two sentences.
- Address: Provide the address where your business is to be located. This cannot be
a PO Box.
- Registered Agent: The name and Michigan address of the contact person of your company
should be set forth. This also cannot be a PO Box.
- Signatures: The Articles of Organization should be signed by someone authorized
to form the LLC.
ClickAndInc.com can assist you in forming your
Additional Requirements for Forming an LLC in Michigan
Limited Liability Companies in Michigan must file a Personal Property Return with
the Secretary of State by February 15 of each year after the filing date.
If any of the information included in your Articles of Organization changes, you
should file an Article Amendment
to ensure that the state has current information on your business at all times.
Michigan Startup Quicklinks
For information on other types of businesses in Michigan, please explore the links