Florida LLC Formation
In order to form a Florida LLC, or limited liability company, you’ll need to submit
your formation documents, either on paper or via sunbiz.org, to the Division of
Corporations section of the Florida Department of State in Tallahassee, Florida.
Select Your State
Select Entity Type
Steps to Forming a Florida Limited Liability Company
The formation document for an LLC is called Articles of Organization. It is used
to record information about your business, and upon filing it becomes a public document.
Your Florida Articles of Organization must include, at minimum:
- Name: You should choose a name that is not already in use; we can perform a business
name search for you to determine availability. Your name must have the appropriate
ending for your entity type: "LLC," for instance.
- Principal Address: Provide your business’s street address and mailing address, if
different. The street address cannot be a PO box.
- Registered Agent: This must be a person or registered entity that is located in
Florida and has a physical Florida address.
- Managers/Members: Provide the names and address of your Managers or your Managing
Members, as well as their titles.
- Effective Date: Unless otherwise specified, your LLC will be filed upon receipt
of the Articles. If you wish, you may specify a different filing date.
- Execution: The Organizer should sign the Articles. This person does not have to
be a member of the LLC.
Additional Responsibilities of a Florida LLC
If you make any changes to the above information, you must alert the state by amending
your Articles. Click and Inc can file your
Article Amendment for you.
Florida Startup Quicklinks