Maryland LLC Formation
Limited Liability Companies in Maryland are formed by registering the appropriate
formation documents with the Maryland Secretary of State. Your LLC legally exists
at the time that the State processes your formation documents (unless a later date
Select Your State
Select Entity Type
Steps to Forming a Maryland Limited Liability Company
A Maryland LLC is formed by drafting and filing Articles of Organization with the
Department of Assessments and Taxation. Those Articles must include the following
- Name: This must be available for use in Maryland. To determine if your name is available
for use, ClickAndInc.com can do a business name search for your chosen name.
- Purpose: You must provide your business purpose, typically in one or two sentences.
- Address: Provide the address where your business is to be located. This cannot be
a PO Box.
- Registered Agent: The name and Maryland address of the contact person of your company
should be set forth. This also cannot be a PO Box.
- Signatures: The Articles of Organization should be signed by someone authorized
to form the LLC.
ClickAndInc.com can assist you in forming your Maryland LLC!
Additional Requirements for Forming an LLC in Maryland
Limited Liability Companies in Maryland must file a Personal Property Return with
the Department of Assessments and Taxation by April 15 of each year after the filing
Maryland Startup Quicklinks
For information on other types of businesses in Maryland, please explore the links