Connecticut Articles of Incorporation
Below is a template for filing your Connecticut Articles of Incorporation, which
meets the minimum requirements for registering a corporation with CONCORD, the Secretary
of State's Commercial Recording Division located in Hartford. Please feel free to
use them when drafting your own Articles!
ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION—FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
Use ink. Complete all sections. Print or type. Attach 8 1/2 x 11 sheets if necessary.
- NANE OF CORPORATION: ____________
- TOTAL NUMBER OF AUTHORIZED SHARES: ______ CLASS: ______ NUMBER OF SHARES PER CLASS:
- TERMS, LIMITATIONS, RELATIVE RIGHTS AND PREFERENCES OF EACH CLASS OF SHARES AND
SERIES THEREOF PURSUANT TO CONN. GEN. STAT. SECTION 33-665: __________________
- APPOINTMENT OF REGISTERED AGENT: either (A) INDIVIDUAL AGENT'S NAME: ______ BUSINESS
ADDRESS (PO Box unacceptable): ______ RESIDENCE ADDRESS (PO Box unacceptable): ______
or (B) BUSINESS ENTITY: ______ ADDRESS (PO Box unacceptable): ______
- ACCEPTANCE OF APPOINTMENT: Signature of Agent:
- OTHER PROVISIONS:
- EXECUTION: Certificate must be signed by each incorporator
Dated this ______ day of ______, 20______
NAME OF INCORPORATOR(S) (print or type): __________________
Note: Depending on your unique situation, you may or may not need to insert anything
into the "OTHER PROVISIONS" clause to meet regulatory needs—this should be
discussed with your legal advisor.
The completed form should be submitted along with the filing fee to CONCORD, the
Commercial Recording Division of the Secretary of State's office in Hartford.
Instructions For Completing the Connecticut Articles of Incorporation
- The corporation name must (1) be
available in the state and (2) contain "Corporation," "Incorporated," "Company,"
or an accepted abbreviation ("Corp.," "Co.," "Inc.").
- You may select any number of shares, up to 10,000. The fee may increase if you select
more than this amount; check the CONCORD (Connecticut Secretary of State) fee schedule
for more information.
- Refer to Connecticut General Statute section 33-665 for more information if you
are authorizing multiple classes of stock.
- An individual or a business can act as registered agent for a Connecticut corporation,
provided the individual or business is a resident of (or has registered their own
business in) the state. Physical addresses are necessary; a PO Box or mail center
address is not allowed. Note that the corporation for which the Articles of Incorporation
are being filed cannot act as its own registered agent.
- If you need to add information for any reason, you may do so on a separate sheet
- Execution: At least one incorporator must sign the document; more than one incorporator
Once you have completed your Articles of Incorporation, you may mail them along
with the filing fee to CONCORD at the address below:
COMMERCIAL RECORDING DIVISION
CONNECTICUT SECRETARY OF THE STATE
P.O. BOX 150470
HARTFORD, CT 06115-0470
Other Businesses in Connecticut
For more information about registering a Connecticut business, please explore the
links below—or contact us!
How We Can Help
If you'd rather not draft your own Articles of Incorporation, ClickAndInc.com can
register your Connecticut corporation for you. Just give us a little bit of information
about your business, and we'll take care of the rest. It's that simple!