New Jersey Incorporation: Incorporate in New Jersey
New Jersey Incorporation
- Finalize a name for the corporation that is not similar to any other business in New Jersey or any reserved name. It should have a name ending like Incorporated, Inc., Corporation, Corp, Company or Co.
- Payment of incorporation filing fees with the State of New Jersey ($125) along with fees for Federal Tax ID number ($35). The total cost for forming a New Jersey corporation is $160 and it takes about 7-10 days for filing and 1-3 days for expedited filing.
- The corporation should have one or more directors and there is no restriction that these directors should be residents of New Jersey. They all should be at least 18 years of age and there is no requirement for their being listed in the articles of incorporation.
- A single person who is the president, secretary or treasurer of the corporation can take care of all offices and does not need listing of officers in the articles of incorporation according to the Secretary of State of New Jersey.
- The number of shares and par values are not related to the state filing fee
Incorporate in New Jersey
To incorporate in New Jersey is quite simple if you follow proper procedures set up by the Secretary of State. The various requirements to incorporate in New Jersey include deciding whether to incorporate or form an LLC.