New York Registered Agent Services from

New York Registered Agent

get a free instant QuoteIncorporate Now can Help You Fill the New York Registered Agent Requirement

In New York, the Registered Agent requirement works a bit differently than it does in most states. While all domestic and foreign business entities must have a Registered Agent, in New York State, the Secretary of State’s office serves as the Agent who will receive legal process on behalf of your Corporation or Limited Liability Company.

Who can be a Registered Agent?

As previously stated, in New York, the Secretary of State serves as the Agent for all legal process.  At the time that you file your New York Certificate of Incorporation or New York Articles of Organization you will provide the Secretary of State’s office with the address to which they should forward any legal process accepted on behalf of your company.

What are the Requirements of a Registered Office?

The address that you provide the Secretary of State with is the address to which legal process will be forwarded to your company after being served on the Secretary of State on your behalf.  Provide the Secretary of State with a legal, actual street address in New York State where someone will be available during business hours to accept certified mail.

What Happens If you are Incorporating in New York but Don’t Live in New York?

If your company is incorporating or becoming a limited liability company in New York but does not actually physically reside in New York, can help. As a New York Corporation or New York LLC you are still required to have a legal New York address the Secretary of State can forward any legal process to you at. can provide your business with a Registered Agent in New York for a fee of $125 per year.