[This article was written by Cait.]
Have you ever wanted to start your own business? Are you interested in becoming your own boss? Maybe you’ve already been a business owner for some time not but aren’t sure how to get your business out there for the world to see! Chances are, you may have already considered using the popular tools that social media has to offer but do you really know the benefits of having it help your business grow?
Did you know that actually 82 percent of small business owners use websites like Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook to help their business grow? If you’re still standing in the social media sidelines, it’s never too late to get started right now! I have 8 ways to help you market your business the right way and why social media can be perfect to help boost your sales!
- Get The Word Out – the one huge thing about social media is that it’s job really is to just do one thing; get the word out! But more important than just having that exposure, it allows you the opportunity to have your business grow and have a relationship with your target audience! Your followers, connections and fans are those individuals that know your organization and are likely to have done business with you in the past. Therefore, if they trust you, they are likely to tell their friends, colleagues and family about your business!
- Cost Effective – One of the biggest reasons many people take on social media is because it’s cost effective! As more social networks add algorithms that filter what we see on a daily basis in our news feed, your content could get lost! Take advantage of the low-cost advertising features that are offered by the networks to help boost and promote your content and special offers! It’s a lot cheaper to do this than traditional advertising so you aren’t spending a lot of money to reach more people! By boosting your posts, this helps to increase your audience view and grow your business!
- It’s The Now – You don’t need to be a dedicated reader of tech blogs or an expert in online marketing to know that social media is really where everyone is at among the many consumers that surf it. Social media touches nearly every customer that walks within your door because whether you are just a start up company or you’re looking for a new way to reach your audience! With nearly 17 billion monthly active users just on Facebook alone, it’s a jumping point to get started with your marketing! There are actually very few businesses that wouldn’t be benefiting from having an online presence on Facebook and starting there will make it easier for when you want to try something new.
- Two Way Communication – The power that social media has over your audience, interests and feedback is enormous! It’s easy to ask your customers their thoughts, question and ideas to get to know them and what they are looking for with just a few clicks! You’re able to respond fast too without having to pick up the phone or worry that the customer isn’t able to see your response.
- They Are Always Active – One thing you need to know about social media users is that they are rely on social media and they are always using it. They usually check their accounts around 17 times a day according to an Informate Mobile report. While a customer may visit your store once a week, they could use your social media post in their feed multiple times during the week.
- Allows You To Share About Your Business – Social media sites are becoming a go to place for consumers who want to learn more about a business. For instance, say you’re interested in becoming a medical transcriptionist for a company. You can search for various companies in your area, such as the Atlanta area, and a few companies may pop up. One such company is iMedX. The company is an integrated medical document management and health information company based in the city. It has a full site of high-value revenue management solutions as well as coding services, result-based consultation, education, training opportunities and more! You can learn all of this by looking at their various social media links and their website to gain all the information you need.
How will you let social media help grow your business?
Cait writes at CaitsCozyCorner.com and lives in the suburbs of Chicago with her family.