It’s time again for another business book giveaway. Our book this round is Howard’s Gift by Eric Sinoway. Want a free copy? Leave a comment for your chance to win!
Ask anyone—Howard Stevenson is a legend at Harvard Business School. When he collapsed on the lawn of the school and very nearly died, the seriousness of the situation rippled out, affecting his colleagues, his student, and his friends.
But one of the people perhaps most affected by Howard’s brush with death was longtime friend and former student Eric Sinoway, whose sudden realization that his mentor—and his collected wisdom—would not be around forever led to Howard’s Gift.
Sinoway’s Howard’s Book—a cross between Tuesdays With Morrie and What Color Is Your Parachute?—is a collection of stories, insights, and wisdom, not only recorded and compiled based on the author’s conversations with the man, but infused with the not insubstantial insights of the author as well.
Howard’s Gift will help its readers:
- Think about “life’s work” not as just a career, but as an aggregation of family, career, and everything else that takes up your time and attention
- Plan for the ripples—not just the splashes—of every action
- Understand and mitigate the risks involved in decisions both large and small
- Make the distinction between mentors and role models, and understand how the former has been misunderstood
- Set appropriate, reachable goals—and keep yourself motivated to pursue them
- Learn why “not succeeding” is not the same as “failure”
- Determine if you’re being honest with yourself, or just cheating at solitaire
In a conversation with the author, Howard Stevenson once said, “A person has regrets when his life doesn’t match up with his expectations, or when he has dreams he hasn’t vigorously pursued.” Howard’s Gift is the book to help you harness your own dreams and expectations and apply them to your business—and your life.
How to win your free copy? It’s simple—leave a comment below and tell us why you’d like to win this book or how it might help you take control of your own life.
In a week, October 31st, we’ll pick a lucky winner at random and email them directly for their mailing address. It’s that simple!
Comment now for a chance to win Eric Sinoway’s Howard’s Gift!
[Ed 10/30/12: Congratulations to Britt on winning a copy of Howard's Gift by Eric Sinoway! We'll be in touch for your mailing address and we'll get that in the mail to you right away. Thanks for playing!]